7 Simple Ways You Can Use to Heal Dry Socket
Dry socket is scientifically known as alveolar osteitis. This popular problem is regarded as an indication of an extremely painful feeling which happens in dental area. Generally, dry socket appears after 4-5 days of pulling tooth. Also, it is easy for people to suffer from dry socket after getting a wisdom tooth extracted. Moreover, there is an extensive diversity of causes for dry socket, including: bacterial infection, tissue trauma or bone trauma, etc. What’s more, doctors have concluded some factors may increase your risk of getting dry socket, such as excessive smoking or having oral contraceptives.
During the time of dry socket, patients may deal with several discomforts, they are throbbing pain, swelling sensation, bad breath, mild fever, which is absolutely annoying. Therefore, people always want to remove dry socket as soon as possible. While some individuals seek for the help of medical methods, others make use of some simple ingredients which are available in their home kitchen. They are not only inexpensive but also can heal dry socket without leaving any side effects. At the end of the article, you will be able to equip yourself with the top 7 simple ways to heal dry socket which can be very handy at time.
- Clove Oil
Clove oil is a popular ingredient which can be applied for treating headache, toothache and especially dry socket. In fact, clove oil is a perfect combination of anesthetic and analgesic qualities, making it an ideal solution to remove throbbing pain as well as foster healing process. At the meantime, clove oil is a valuable method source of anti-inflammatory effects, therefore, it will help you feel much better.
- Have a cotton swab dip into clove oil
- Gently put it into the affected area
- Leave it on 1-2 minutes before rinsing off with clean water
- Do like this at least 4-5 times to witness the improvement
- Cold Compress
Cold compress is considered to be one of the simplest ways you can use to heal dry socket. Facts have proved that this simple method may help with removing pain in not only jaw but also cheek areas – the most common things associated with dry socket. This excellent ability is attributed to an abundant source of numbing effect in cold compress.
- Have a clean cloth dip into cold water
- Wring it out to remove excessive water
- Gently put the cold compress into your affected area
- Leave it on 15-20 minutes
- Repeat this process at least 3-4 times daily to see better outcome
- Tea Tree Oil
Not unlike clove oil, tea tree oil may also turn into a simple way you can use to heal dry socket. Serving as a natural antiseptic agent, tea tree oil is effective at preventing your problem from going into infection well. One thing to take notice is that tea tree oil should be used when it is dilutted.
- Dilute tea tree oil in water by 1:1 ratio
- Dip a cotton swab into diluted tea tree oil
- Press the inserted cotton swab into your affected area
- Wait for 5-10 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water
- Do like this repeatedly
- Black Tea Bag
Many people use black tea bags to make a wonderful drink, however, not many people know that black tea bags are wonderful way you can use to heal dry socket. In reality, black tea bags are beneficial for reducing painful feeling happening as a result of dry socket. Also, tannic acid in black tea bags can be responsible for reducing painful feeling as well as swelling sensation a lot.
- Steep 2 black tea bags into boiling water
- Remove them before wringing out
- Put them into the fridge during 5-10 minutes
- Apply the cold black tea bags into the area with dry socket in 15 minutes
- Use the tea to rinse off your mouth
Turmeric is a natural agent which is packed with a considerable amount of analgestic as well as anti-inflammatory qualities. Therefore, it is easy to understand that turmeric can contribute a lot to the treatment of dry socket.
- Have a mixture of turmeric powder and water by 2:1 ratio
- Insert a little of them into the affected area
- Leave it on 20 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a day
More than a cooking ingredient, garlic can function as a simple way you can use to heal dry socket. In fact, anti-inflammatory qualities in garlic are beneficial for removing painful feeling which is closely linked to dry socket. At the same time, garlic is able to foster healing process a lot.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
By making use of apple cider vinegar, people can effectively say goodbye to dry socket. Therefore, in case you find that these above mentioned methods do not meet your requirement, you can seek for the help of apple cider vinegar.