- Wrong budget calculation may leads to errors in estimating construction. Estimation requires labor costs, cost of materials and calculation of quantities. Sometimes any error happened may leads to loss of money. So you can use any calculator to calculate the amount required and copy it in a book for further review.
- Normally budget required for construction is estimated from the plans and drawings. Any errors in measurements and dimensions taken from plans and drawings may result in corresponding mistakes in the cost of construction.
- Any fault on construction projects subjected to permits and inspections may also cause construction.
- Sometimes the cost of constructing materials, machinery and equipment to a project can be very expensive. This may also affect the estimation. Also cost of transportation may sometimes become high due to poor roads and heavy traffic to and from supply sources.
- Some labors do not complete their work in time. This may also affect the estimation. So select the labors who complete their job on schedule. You can appoint labors for overtime work in order to complete it in schedule. Overtime rates are fixed according to the labor agreement rule or labor union rule.
- Any fault in visiting the construction site may leads to error. Visiting the proposed site of the project enables the cost estimator to inspect the plot.
- Lack of experience in the field of construction may result in error. This may sometimes result in failure to review building codes and permits.
- Failure to give the work to a good contractor may also affect the estimation.
5 MISTAKES TO AVOID WHEN BUILDING A HOUSE
Building a house is a dream for everyone. We can built the house with the help of an engineer or contractor, but finding a right place for building is difficult. Sometimes mistakes can be happen in selecting proper land for building. Some of the mistakes are explained below.
- Improper site selection for house is the common mistake happens for every man. This can be happen due to unawareness of location. While considering a site for building, take a look at the land whether we can built a strong foundation or not.
- Selecting wrong contractors or builders may leads to improper construction. So select them according to their experience and qualification in the field of construction. Also study about their previous construction works.
- Failure to conduct a needs analysis is also a mistake happens for every man. Before going to buy the land, take a look at the land, where you are going to built the house. Some of the factors we want to consider are hospitals, bazaars, police station, bus stand and others which a common man needs urgent.
- Planning only on the building cost is also a wrong decision. Sometimes the cost of budget will rise due to various reasons such as increase in cost of constructing materials, machinery and equipment to a project. This can be avoided by continuously updating the market price of above materials. Also you should be well known about the cost of transportation of these materials.
- Construction of building started without making any proper ratio between land and building may leads to error. So we want to make a proper ratio between them by considering the back side area and car porch.
Author Bio: Electronics and Communications is a leading website today.